What is the need of hiring a tax attorney? This is the first question that may come to your mind while filing taxes? A tax attorney or a tax management expert is a person who specializes in tax law. He or she is the person who provides various tax management services, says Ed LLoyd& Associates PLLC, a tax preparation expert company. A tax management expert is the best person who manages all the tax related legal issues.
According to Edward LLoyd, you need a tax management expert if you have:
- A taxable property and you need to make some complex financial strategies or you have to file a tax return.
- Started a business and need legal advice from an expert.
- Been engaged in some international business and need legal help with the contracts.
- Any criminal record and are going under investigation by the IRS.
- Investments and you have a risk on some legal issues.
- Some complex products like life insurance,etc.
What a Tax Attorney Must Have?
- A Juris Doctor degree, that must be admitted to the state bar
- A proper training in tax law
- An accounting background (optional)
How to Find a Good Tax Advisor?
- Refer Family & Friends
Ed LLoyd& Associates suggest that you can speak to your friends and family for some good tax advisor in your own area as may be they had a good experience with some tax advisor.
- Browse the Internet
You can check for good advisors on the internet as well. You will be able to find a network of tax experts in your local area only, says Ed LLoyd.
- The Institute of Financial Planning
It has a list of certified experts and it is one of the accredited firm as well.
What to Ask an Advisor?
- Are you working independently?
- How will I communicate with you? What is your preference – email, phone, fax?
- Do you have an authorized certificate?
- What all qualifications you have?
- From where did you got your tax law training?
- How many clients you have worked with till now?
Looking for strategic tax planning? Read –Save Dollars With Strategic Tax Planning by Ed LLoyd& Associates